This is taking a while. I know. Everything I do seems to. BUT, it really is getting closer. I finished putting the furniture together. And if I ever see another cam bolt and lock again I'll scream!
One of the drawer faces was damaged so I have a new one on order. Oh joy. More to put together.
The end table is getting a tablecloth. I thought about painting it and then said nah. It's going to be for sewing. I may get something else in the future, but I had it so for now I'm calling it good...with a table cloth. And notice the rug? Cheapy McCheap from Amazon, but oh so soft and cozy underfoot. I really wanted to keep the flooring neutral. There's enough going on with the walls. And, the ceiling is finally getting repaired in a few days and then this is going up.
I really wanted a semi flush mount with a lot of wattage and this is the only one that I could find that had a little bit of balls. It takes 3 100 W bulbs. I won't need sunglasses, but it's better than the 40 or 60 watters that I found. I haven't gotten it yet but it's on order. I really hope I like it in person.
I also have chairs in mind. I think I'm going with some simple ghost side chairs and a head chair. I'd like to keep things looking open which is why I think I'll go with them. I'm picturing draping the desk one in a little sheepskin for a little extra something and maybe adding seat cushions to the other two.
I'm also going to order some of these for a bit of color and extra organization, which I obviously need.