Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The One Room Challenge-Week Two


Welcome back to the One Room Challenge Linking Edition.  It's week two and, ugh, I'm a tad nervous about being able to finish.  I'm pretty sure the cushion will be ready in time, but the window treatments...well?  I'll talk about those next week.  I'm hoping(praying) that I may have some news on those next week.  In the meantime I was able to get some retail therapy in.  Bought this rug on Amazon.


I like that it's neutral and sturdy but the pattern keeps it from being totally boring.  Keep in mind that I haven't actually seen it in person though so my opinion could change.  Hope not.  And I did make a switch in the colorway of the fabric I'm using.  Once I got the Grass (right) colorway in the room it felt kinda tired and yellowed out.  The Leaf colorway was so much more fresh.  When you have two stinky animals and two kids and hence way too much familiarity with poop and you're tired all the time, fresh is what you crave so fresh it is!


Still need to stain this bench.  Oh and we're not slaughtering humans at the house.  That's just a prop for the Halloween party. Lol, must learn to edit.


Ignore my gnarled old lady hand in this one.  WTF!

So just a wee bit of progress.  I've got some other things on order though so hopefully more to share next week.  Make sure to stop by the One Room Challenge Varsity players and all of us linkers as well.  So much eye candy out there and I for one am always so inspired by others.  Have a great week!



18 comments:

  1. LOVE that rug!! hope you like it as much in person and I agree with the fabric, I think one on the left is definitely brighter and has more pop. Can't wait to see what come of this next week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entry is beautiful already - just saw your last week's post. The woodwork and that wallpaper! I agree that the Leaf colourway is the way to go as well for the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the leaf colourway - so pretty. I completely understand the not-finishing fear - my bedroom is currently a construction zone and I'm not sure I can get it all cleaned up and painted, and then prettified in time. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your foyer is beautiful. That wallpaper is fabulous and all of the panelling is amazing. It's going to be wonderful in just a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the wallpaper and the fabrics. I hope the rug turns out to be exactly what you wanted. It's so hard to buy online for this reason. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always pull together elements that I wouldn't think work together, but they do. I'm loving the leaf green with the wallpaper! I'm on the edge of my seat. Wish we could fast forward to next week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wallpaper is really pretty...and the fabric is too! Can't wait to see what you get done this next week. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are cracking me up. We had a Halloween prop like that for a long time. I think the rug will be great. You always know how to pick fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you went with the Leaf. It is much brighter! Love the rug, not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rug you found and am so happy you're using the Leaf green! It looks so fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The one you picked looks so nice with the wallpaper. Looks like the room is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fabrics!!! Love how things are shaping up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Tiffany! That wallpaper is killer, and love your switch to the livelier color, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fresher green and that rug!!! Hope you don't find anymore bodyparts though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hee hee, I did a double take when I saw the mangled arm! I love the fabric and rug!
    Shelia
    House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that same rug pulled up on overstock right now! Love the subtle pattern. Fresh green is the way to go, I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabric choice, and change of color. That rug will work well I think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mangled arm is aces - great choice - really ties the room together. Oh wait. The Leaf colorway REALLY does tie the room together. Much better choice although my first instinct would have been Grass as well - but when compared together the leaf is the definite winner.

    ReplyDelete